forrest-user mailing list archives

From Moshe Yudkowsky <msha4...@bl.com>
Subject Re: skins to wrong directory in transition from 0.5 to 0.7
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:51:31 GMT
Ross,

Thanks again for your quick help. We've got a little bit of cross-talk
going on right now as our emails cross each other.

First of all, I'm up and running. (I'm debugging the placement of raw
content -- raw-content-dir doesn't seem to work as I'd expect -- and
I'll have everything in hand.)

However, I want to address the issues that I've raised. I will be
offline starting in a while, but I will pick this up again in 28 hours.

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Moshe Yudkowsky wrote:
>

>> I've just found a partial answer to this problem: indeed, the
>> project.skins-dir is being ignored.
>>
>> Forrest now demands that I use forrest.skins-dir instead. (I found
>> this as a comment in $FORREST_HOME/main/forrest.build.xml.)
>

> ???
>
> I have no idea what gives you this impression that is the location for
> Forrest skins, not project skins.

In $FORREST_HOME/main/forrest.build.xml, there's a comment on line 102:
"people should use forrest.properties to override following defaults."
The file then goes on to define forrest.skins-dir and forrest.plugins-dir.

The experience I've been having indicates to me project.skins-dir is
being ignored in favor of forrest.skins-dir. When I changed
forrest.skins-dir in forrest.properties, my system built itself as
expected. When I tried using project.skins-dir, my skins were not found.

Furthermore, as I just noted, a "mkdir test; cd test; forrest seed;
forrest" fails as the system attempts to place plugins into the
$FORREST_HOME file system.

Please let me know if there are any other tests I should be running, or
if you'd like me to send you forrest.properties files (directly).

This *may* be an artifact of not accepting anything but relative path
names, now that I think of it. If what I'm saying here is complete
bilge, please let me know and I'll see if that's really the case.

> Without knowing what the error is we can't help.

Sorry about that. This was a "forrest seed; forrest" problem. If I can
reproduce it, I will post the error.

Thanks,
  Moshe