forrest-user mailing list archives

From Moshe Yudkowsky <>
Subject Re: skins to wrong directory in transition from 0.5 to 0.7
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:38:32 GMT

I've just found a partial answer to this problem: indeed, the
project.skins-dir is being ignored.

Forrest now demands that I use forrest.skins-dir instead. (I found this
as a comment in $FORREST_HOME/main/

As for plugins, I need to use forrest.plugins-dir, another unexpected
twist. When I use:

in a freshly-seeded system, forrest correctly populates the directory
with the needed plugins.

Unfortunately, it eventually crashes with a commplaint about jar files,
for unknown reasons.

Allow me to point out that I was not crazy: the system, as downloaded,
was attempting to write plugins into the $FORREST_HOME directory
structure, as dictated by the forrest.plugins-dir variable in
$FORREST_HOME/main/, as evidenced from my
previously-posted logs.

View raw message