forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Static Site generation question...
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:20:47 GMT
Bryan Albright wrote:
> How long does it normally take to build a static site?
>
> I've just installed the "apache-forrest-0.7" package on a FreeBSD
> 5.4-STABLE machine.
>
> I've had a "forrest site" running for over an hour, and it seems to
> hang just after the [5/26] ... index.pdf line.

errr... a lot less than an hour ;-)

Depends on your machine etc. but our complete forrest site (0.8) on my
paltry laptop takes 5 mins 25 seconds for a site size of 8,279,006 and
357 pages.

> Here's what I've done to try to get it working:
> % mkdir tmp
> % cd tmp
> % forrest seed
> % forrest run &
> % forrest site

Why are you running forrest as a process and then building the site?

Have you tried just doing forrest site? There may be some strange
interaction thing going on here (although I can't think what)

> The only error (I think) I'm getting is:
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location

I've never seen that, perhaps the "strange interaction" thing I refer
to, but I doubt it since building starts.

This is a very strange one, I've never heard of anything like it.
Perhaps someone else has ideas too.

Ross