forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Custom HTML source
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:47:11 GMT
Brian M Dube wrote:
> On 10/16/05, Ross Gardler <> wrote:
>>Brian M Dube wrote:
>>>Following the example in the documentation, I've added a custom
>>>pipeline to support rendering existing HTML sources within the local
>>>Forrest installation. The pattern match works and the HTML is skinned.
>>>The problem is that I can't get the transformation to process the
>>>intermediate file. Here is the relevant pipeline:
>>>  <map:pipeline>
>>>    <map:match pattern="/old/*.xml">
>>>      <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{uri}.html" type="html"/>
>>>      <map:transform src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/fixoldhtml.xsl"/>
>>>      <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl"/>
>>>      <map:transform type="idgen"/>
>>>      <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
>>>    </map:match>
>>>  </map:pipeline>
>>>fixoldhtml.xsl is the stylesheet I made to remove the navigational
>>>markup from the old site, as the documentation describes. Any ideas?
>>Your pipeline is not being processed. Let me ask a few questions to work
>>out why (I'll also say what the answers should be, in most circumstances).
>>1) in what file have you placed the above pipeline?
>>2) where is your HTML source located?
>>3) what is the request you are making with your browser to retrieve this
> Thanks for the reply.
> 1) The pipeline is in SEEDED_SITE/src/documentation/sitemap.xmap
> 2) The HTML is in SEEDED_SITE/src/documentation/content/xdocs/old
> 3) The request is http://localhost:8888/old/about.html

All good

> I've changed the pattern from "/old/*.xml" to "old/*.xml" and I think
> the pipeline is being processed.

Ahh, yes, I missed that on first reading.

> In core.log I get "Cannot load
> configuration from WEB-INF/"

You are defining the HTML generator in your own sitemap? You only need
to do that if you want to provide your own configuration. If you remove
the HTML generator from the components section of your sitemap it will
use the one in the core of Forrest and will use the properties from
there (I think).

If this doesn't work please post the sitemap snippet configuring your
html generator.

>  Thanks for looking into this.

I'm off to bed now, will look again in the morning if the above does not
solve your problem.

View raw message