forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom HTML source
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:01:53 GMT
Brian M Dube wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Following the example in the documentation, I've added a custom
> pipeline to support rendering existing HTML sources within the local
> Forrest installation. The pattern match works and the HTML is skinned.
> The problem is that I can't get the transformation to process the
> intermediate file. Here is the relevant pipeline:
>
>   <map:pipeline>
>     <map:match pattern="/old/*.xml">
>       <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{uri}.html" type="html"/>
>       <map:transform src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/fixoldhtml.xsl"/>
>       <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl"/>
>       <map:transform type="idgen"/>
>       <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
>     </map:match>
>   </map:pipeline>
>
> fixoldhtml.xsl is the stylesheet I made to remove the navigational
> markup from the old site, as the documentation describes. Any ideas?

Your pipeline is not being processed. Let me ask a few questions to work
out why (I'll also say what the answers should be, in most circumstances).

1) in what file have you placed the above pipeline?
2) where is your HTML source located?
3) what is the request you are making with your browser to retrieve this
document?

Ross