forrest-user mailing list archives

From Nigel Hardy <...@aber.ac.uk>
Subject Static content
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:03:04 GMT
I have been using 0.7 for a while but have just come up against the need
to use static material. On paper I like the changes between 0.6 and 0.7
but I find a development problem - perhaps it's me.

I am using the model of placing pages in src/documentation/content/
because I do not want them skinned. I then loose the ability to use
"forrest run" for development (the links are broken - perhaps
understandably). More significantly, if I use "forrest site" I get
"BROKEN:" reports. These reports are not "true" (since the site is then
complete) but they cause the build to fail.

Is my understanding correct. Are there ways round this?

(The other model - putting pages in src/documentation/content/xdocs to
be skinned - works fine but I have legacy material in xml schemas I
don't have, or want to write, input plugins for. Some of it I also
specifically do not want skinned).

Nigel

--
Nigel Hardy     Tel: +44 1970 622 434.   http://users.aber.ac.uk/nwh/