forrest-user mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <brian.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom HTML source
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:33:04 GMT
> Brian M Dube wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Following the example in the documentation, I've added a custom
> > pipeline to support rendering existing HTML sources within the local
> > Forrest installation. The pattern match works and the HTML is skinned.
> > The problem is that I can't get the transformation to process the
> > intermediate file. Here is the relevant pipeline:
> >
> >   <map:pipeline>
> >     <map:match pattern="/old/*.xml">
> >       <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{uri}.html" type="html"/>
> >       <map:transform src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/fixoldhtml.xsl"/>
> >       <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl"/>
> >       <map:transform type="idgen"/>
> >       <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
> >     </map:match>
> >   </map:pipeline>
> >
> > fixoldhtml.xsl is the stylesheet I made to remove the navigational
> > markup from the old site, as the documentation describes. Any ideas?
>
> Your pipeline is not being processed. Let me ask a few questions to work
> out why (I'll also say what the answers should be, in most circumstances).
>
> 1) in what file have you placed the above pipeline?
> 2) where is your HTML source located?
> 3) what is the request you are making with your browser to retrieve this
> document?

Thanks for the reply.

1) The pipeline is in SEEDED_SITE/src/documentation/sitemap.xmap
2) The HTML is in SEEDED_SITE/src/documentation/content/xdocs/old
3) The request is http://localhost:8888/old/about.html

I've changed the pattern from "/old/*.xml" to "old/*.xml" and I think
the pipeline is being processed. In core.log I get "Cannot load
configuration from WEB-INF/jtidy.properties" so I copied this file
from the Forrest installation to SEEDED_SITE/build/webapp/WEB-INF. I
still get that error in core.log. Thanks for looking into this.

Brian