forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to run forrestbot...
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:37:44 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> I have just configured my ForrestBot file and have had some success.
> If it helps here is my .xml file - which works to a point and ends
> successfully (more below)
>
> -------------------
> <project name="apache_minitutorials" default="main">
>  <property name="notify.email.host" value="smtp.mymail.host"/>
>  <property name="notify.email.to" value="me@mydomain.com"/>
>  <property name="notify.email.from" value="localhost"/>
>  <property name="notify.administrator" value="Gavin&lt;me@mydomain.com>"/>
>  <property name="getsrc.local.root-dir" location="e:/web/forrest_gump"/>
>
>  <!-- Deploy using FTP -->
>
>  <property name="deploy.ftp.server" value="ftp.minitutorials.com"/>
>  <property name="deploy.ftp.user" value="username"/>
>  <property name="deploy.ftp.password" value="password"/>
>  <property name="deploy.ftp.remotedir" value="/path/to/site-root/"/>
>
>  <target name="deploy" depends="deploy.ftp"/>
>
>  <!-- here we specify to use two notification implementations -->
>  <target name="notify" depends="notify.local, notify.email"/>
>
>  <!-- the default implementation for getsrc is getsrc.cvs, which is what we
> want (but not what I want so over ride it) -->
>  <target name="getsrc" depends="getsrc.local"/>
>
>  <!-- assumes FORREST_HOME has been set as an environment variable -->
>  <property environment="env"/>
>  <import file="${env.FORREST_HOME}/tools/forrestbot/core/forrestbot.xml"/>
> </project>
> -------------------
>
> Now, the main build fails because of ls.contracts.xml and another couple of
> Broken files,
> due to me using v2 I suspect.
>
> A local log is successfully created and an email is successfully sent, both
> containing
> the build errors , the FTP part of this file however does not work, I am
> wondering if this is because the main build fails.

Well i published the project site yesterday with
a known build error. Deploy was okay, using deploy.svn

> Or do I have a configuration error somewhere in my forrestbot xml file
> above.?
>
> The forrestbot itself ends with 'Build Successful'

I don't use ftp so not much help.
Can you do an independent test to use ftp from
the local command-line and succesfully put files
to that remote path? Some ftp servers would confine
you to the home directory or a "pub" area.

-David