forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: Trying to run forrestbot...
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 13:52:29 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gav...." <brightoncomputers@brightontown.com.au>
To: <user@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: Trying to run forrestbot...

| Yes, I can ftp from the command-line no problem,
| I can not suspect a connection problem at the
| moment because the forrestbot is not even trying
| to make a connection, the FTP part of the script
| simply is not being executed at all.
|
| It may be an error in my script, but from the details
| I have on Forrestbot I can not see what is wrong/missing
| at this point, I will keep looking.

Answering myself again, I found the problem.

I looked inside deploy.xml and changed this line :-

  <target name="deploy.ftp" unless="build.failed" description="Forrestbot:
    Deploy via FTP">

  <target name="deploy.ftp" unless="" description="Forrestbot:
    Deploy via FTP">

So, all deploy methods will not occur on a build failure by default.
(You must have changed yours sometime David)

Whether this should be over-ridden in the user defined forrestbot file I
dont know, but it works now, and combined with the turning on
of CLI checksums in cli.xconf, only updates via ftp those files
that have been changed.

It's all good :)

| Gav...

|| -David
|| --
|| This message was scanned for spam and viruses by BitDefender.
|| For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/
|| --
27/10/2005