forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: Trying to run forrestbot...
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:35:20 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Crossley" <crossley@apache.org>
To: <user@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: Trying to run forrestbot...

value="Gavin&lt;me@mydomain.com>"/>
| >  <property name="getsrc.local.root-dir" location="e:/web/forrest_gump"/>
| >
| >  <!-- Deploy using FTP -->
| >
| >  <property name="deploy.ftp.server" value="ftp.minitutorials.com"/>
| >  <property name="deploy.ftp.user" value="username"/>
| >  <property name="deploy.ftp.password" value="password"/>
| >  <property name="deploy.ftp.remotedir" value="/path/to/site-root/"/>
| >
| >  <target name="deploy" depends="deploy.ftp"/>
| >
| >  <!-- here we specify to use two notification implementations -->
| >  <target name="notify" depends="notify.local, notify.email"/>
| >
| >  <!-- the default implementation for getsrc is getsrc.cvs, which is what
we
| > want (but not what I want so over ride it) -->
| >  <target name="getsrc" depends="getsrc.local"/>
| >
| >  <!-- assumes FORREST_HOME has been set as an environment variable -->
| >  <property environment="env"/>
| >  <import
file="${env.FORREST_HOME}/tools/forrestbot/core/forrestbot.xml"/>
| > </project>
| > -------------------
| >
| > Now, the main build fails because of ls.contracts.xml and another couple
of
| > Broken files,
| > due to me using v2 I suspect.
| >
| > A local log is successfully created and an email is successfully sent,
both
| > containing
| > the build errors , the FTP part of this file however does not work, I am
| > wondering if this is because the main build fails.
|
| Well i published the project site yesterday with
| a known build error. Deploy was okay, using deploy.svn
|
| > Or do I have a configuration error somewhere in my forrestbot xml file
| > above.?
| >
| > The forrestbot itself ends with 'Build Successful'
|
| I don't use ftp so not much help.
| Can you do an independent test to use ftp from
| the local command-line and succesfully put files
| to that remote path? Some ftp servers would confine
| you to the home directory or a "pub" area.

Yes, I can ftp from the command-line no problem,
I can not suspect a connection problem at the
moment because the forrestbot is not even trying
to make a connection, the FTP part of the script
simply is not being executed at all.

It may be an error in my script, but from the details
I have on Forrestbot I can not see what is wrong/missing
at this point, I will keep looking.

Gav...