Any idea when skins will become deprecated?

Helena

Ross Gardler wrote:
Lutz wrote:
Hello, I want to change the structure and layout of the html output from forrest. (add/remove menu, tab or content, change font, fontsize, .)  What approach can you recommend?

Create a custom skin, however, be aware that skins are likely to be deprecated in a future release. We will still provide backward compatability to skins, but will no longer be enhancing them.

See http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#new_skin

If you are adventurous you could work with views which are the in-development replacement for skins. However, be warned they are *in development*, meaning you will have to work with SVN head and they may change in the middle of your work and there is very little documentation for them. However, they are much easier to work with than skins.

Ross