forrest-user mailing list archives

From fabian_muel...@open-tk.de (Fabian Müller)
Subject table of contents
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:23:16 GMT
Hello,

when I have

<toc max-depth="2" min-sections="1" location="page"/>

in my src/documentation/skinconf.xml I see a table of contents on
the top of each page. This is ok. But then I change this line to

<toc max-depth="0" min-sections="1" location="page"/>

the toc does not disappear. This is probably not ok because the
documentation on

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/linking.html#toc-generation

says "level - is the depth to which you want your table of contents to
go. Setting it to "3" will therefore include sections nested to 3
levels. Setting this to "0" will result in no table of contents being
generated." I am confused because there is no "level" attribute but
there is a max-depth attribute in my skinconf.xml

I am only able to remove the table of contents when I comment out the
line like this:

<!-- <toc max-depth="0" min-sections="1" location="page"/> -->

I use the skin "forrest-site" and forrest version 0.7. I am not sure
if this is a bug (or a mistake in the documentation or my fault) but I
thought that it cannot be bad to report this.

Fabian Müller