forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Html output
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:15:45 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:
> Any idea when skins will become deprecated?

When we finish the work ;-) and take the vote (nothing is cast in stone
yet).

The views alternative is working now and is in production in a few
sites. However, it needs more testing, documentation and a code tidy up
before we release it.

You will still be able to use any custom skins, without modification,
once we deprecate skin support. However, to utilise new features you
will need to switch to the views system.

It will not be a huge amount of work to leverage your skins within
views, but I doubt it will be an automated process.

Ross