forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to use own xml format and own xslt?
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:13:03 GMT
Miroslav Mocek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a set of XML files, in my own vocabulary (with schema), I have
> appropriate XSLT, which converts the XML sources to HTML files. It
> creates also the indexes. I have my own easy commandline, which creates
> the site.
>
> Now I would like to switch my commandline with more robust (I believe)
> and more featured forrest. Is it possible?
> How can I customize forrest to accept my own XML schemas and XSLT
> templates to use them and produce HTML in right place?

The most robust way would be to build an input plugin that handles your
custom schema. We provide an html2document.xsl that will convert your
HTML to XDoc for internal processing (assuming they create well formed
HTML).

http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/pluginInfrastructure.html
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html

Alternatively, you can just add support in a single project by following
the instructions at
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type

(again you will want to use our html2document.xsl to leverage your HTML
output.

Ross