forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docbook output
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:48:52 GMT
Lutz wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> We try to use forrest 0.8 with docbook xml files.
> We've added the following entry to the sitemap:
>
> <map:pipeline>
> 	<map:match pattern="docbook.html">
> 	<map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}/docbook.xml"/>
> 	<map:transform src="file:\prj\docbook\xsl-1.65\xhtml\docbook.xsl"/>
> 	<map:serialize type="html"/>
> </map:match>
>
> But in the result we couldn't get the navigation menu from site.xml and
> tabs.xml .

That's because you are serialising the HTML directly from the docbook
XSL. Forrest is never given a chance to add its decorations.

> How can we add the navigation menu to the forrest html output if we use
> docbook files as input?

First try the simplified-docbook plugin [1]. This does not provide full
support of docbook. However, many people find it does the job just fine.
As with all parts of Forrest patches are welcome.

Alternatively, you can do [2]

Ross

[1]
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/index.html#Input+Plugins