forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Including HTML
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:30:14 GMT
Borut BolĨina wrote:
> we must be running different versions. I am using 0.7.

No, as my subsequent mail said, I was being stupid and not reading my
own docs properly - I'm rushing too much today, sorry.

Hopefully my subsequent pointer to more docs helps.

> Section 2.17. How can I include HTML content that is not to be skinned
> by Forrest? at http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/faq.html#rawTML has
> an error - this XML excerpt is not well-formed. (map:select closing
> element name expected)

Thanks, I'll fix that.

> Also, I don't think there is fresh-site target in 0.7.

Another symptom of my rushing I should have said "forrest seed".

> I guess the directory
> with HTML which must not be skinned and displayed in the main area must
> reside in some special location???

No, but it does need to be where you tell Forrest to look...

> Maybe the match pattern isn't right?

It is not...

>> <map:pipelines>
>>   <map:pipeline>
>>     <map:match pattern="news/**.html">
>>      <map:select type="exists">
>>       <map:when test="{project:content}{1}.html">
>>         <map:read src="{project:content}{1}.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
>>       </map:when>
>>      </map:select>
>>    </map:match>

This match will look for the content in content/news/**.html, you stated
it was somewhere else in your original post (can't remember where), so
your "{project:content}{1}.html" needs to be modified to point at the
right location.

I am assuming your request URL is something like
"domain.org/news/myNews.html" if not then your match attribute is also
incorrect.

Ross