forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: coding dynamicall in xdocs/ and to delimit output in meta-data?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:10:09 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> I reckon Helena wants a piece of code (maybe a plugin) that looks up
> meta-data (meta/foo.xml) and provides links "like" google about authors
> and their articles.
>
> Like I understood it she wants to have 2 different pages for that.
> e.g. overview page (generated from meta/foo.xml):

Oh, OK. If that is the case then take a look at the seed-business site
in SVN head. It does that with resumes for staff, i.e. show me all the
staff with skill XYZ. The "clever" bits are in the resume plugin (in
whiteboard). It works, but needs improving...

> Helena we do not use yet metadata in forrest. What you are planing to do
> would IMO be a good plugin, but you would need to write it. AFAIK nobody
> have done that before. Besides that it is far more then a user question
> and should better discussed on dev.

Actually, Tim recently committed an example plugin to our whiteboard
that uses meta-data to do this, it looks like a better way of achieving
what I did with the Resume plugin, but I've not got around to looking at
how to integrate it yet.

These two whiteboard plugins would be a great starting point for Helena,
if Thorsten has interpreted the question correctly and this is indeed
what you want to do you could take a look at that and join us on the dev
list to extend its functionlaity.

Ross