forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: error 109 in wholesite.pdf
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:45:07 GMT
This is a rather weird thing.

The error seems to be caused by PNG images that were
directly written from Photoshop (export for web).
After converting them with irfanview from PNG to PNG
the PDF works fine again.
BTW: the PNGs become a little bit smaller as well.

The single page PDFs did *not* work, we just could
not locate them (with AR4 it was much easier).

Don't have a clue, why AR is barking at those PNGs,
esp. since both programs are Adobe ... but now:
be warned!

Cheers
Johannes

Johannes Schaefer schrieb:
> Acrobat Reader 4.0 "barks" as well, but only on
> single pages (which at least gives us a clue!).
> I think we drilled it down to some (a lot that
> is!) PNG images ...
>
> will let you know when we're sure.
>
> Johannes
>
> addi schrieb:

>>>hmm, the old version of the reader is still working with the pdf?
>>>If not then it has to be something in the docs that causes it (check
>>>your svn/cvs). If it does check the change log of the reader.
>>

>>I don't really have much in the way of real help but AR 6 and 7 are less
>>tolerant of errors than the older readers were, so it is possible to have a
>>file that renders fine in the old one but the new one balks at something.
>>
>>I know nothing about Forrest's PDF generation process but I have seen others
>>say that upgrading their version of GhostScript have made these kinds of
>>errors go away.
>>
>>- Addi

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de