forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: error 109 in wholesite.pdf
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:08:53 GMT
Acrobat Reader 4.0 "barks" as well, but only on
single pages (which at least gives us a clue!).
I think we drilled it down to some (a lot that
is!) PNG images ...

will let you know when we're sure.

Johannes

addi schrieb:
> On Friday September 02 2005 6:31 am, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 12:08 +0200, Johannes Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks, Thorsten!
>>>
>>>The problem is not viewing the file from a Browser
>>>(whatsoever): I get this error opening the statically
>>>generated (forrest site) wholesite.pdf with the
>>>standalone Acrobat Reader 7.0.3 (now with the latest
>>>updates, too).
>>
>>hmm, the old version of the reader is still working with the pdf?
>>If not then it has to be something in the docs that causes it (check
>>your svn/cvs). If it does check the change log of the reader.
>

> I don't really have much in the way of real help but AR 6 and 7 are less
> tolerant of errors than the older readers were, so it is possible to have a
> file that renders fine in the old one but the new one balks at something.
>
> I know nothing about Forrest's PDF generation process but I have seen others
> say that upgrading their version of GhostScript have made these kinds of
> errors go away.
>
> - Addi

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de