forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: directory listing & batch file invocation
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:10:32 GMT
Louis.Masters@log-net.com wrote:
> I'm using Forrest 0.6 to migrate off of a plain old apache server.  I have
> most of the site replicated.  The only remaining issues are:

Any reason for 0.6 ? You would be better of start a new
application with 0.7 version. Anyway ...

> 1.  I need a directory listing of a path outside of the web app.  I tried
> using the Directory Generator, but quite honestly, I have no idea how to
> implement it.  Anyone have it set up already and can send me some snips?

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/directory-generator.html
and you can probably find other stuff at wiki.apache.org/cocoon

There are a couple of examples in Forrest
cd forrest_06_branch/src/core/context
grep directory *.xmap

> 2.  I need to call a batch file from a link.  I was using cgi-bin to do
> this, but I can't find a similar function in Forrest (I don't think there
> is one).  I saw a post about redirecting to an apache web server, but I
> can't do that as I am removing the plain apache server.  The batch file
> only created a zip of a couple of directories so I was trying to use the
> Zip serializer, but again, I'm having some issues.

Are you using a full Jetty as the servlet container
for your forrest webapp. It can run cgi programs,
so probably can Tomcat.

I have never used the Cocoon ZipArchiveSerializer,
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/serializers/ziparchive-serializer.html
but i gather that you would construct a pipeline in
your project sitemap that generates an xml document
in the format shown, then finish that with the serializer.

-David