forrest-user mailing list archives

From addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: error 109 in wholesite.pdf
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:17:26 GMT
On Friday September 02 2005 6:31 am, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 12:08 +0200, Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> > Thanks, Thorsten!
> >
> > The problem is not viewing the file from a Browser
> > (whatsoever): I get this error opening the statically
> > generated (forrest site) wholesite.pdf with the
> > standalone Acrobat Reader 7.0.3 (now with the latest
> > updates, too).
>
> hmm, the old version of the reader is still working with the pdf?
> If not then it has to be something in the docs that causes it (check
> your svn/cvs). If it does check the change log of the reader.

I don't really have much in the way of real help but AR 6 and 7 are less
tolerant of errors than the older readers were, so it is possible to have a
file that renders fine in the old one but the new one balks at something.

I know nothing about Forrest's PDF generation process but I have seen others
say that upgrading their version of GhostScript have made these kinds of
errors go away.

- Addi