forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: leather-dev skins and view/viewHelper plugins
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:53:29 GMT
El vie, 30-09-2005 a las 03:07 +0200, Miroslav Mocek escribió:
> >Please read
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-dsl.html for a kick
> start.
>

> Thanks very much for such nice info. It was an interesting reading.
> I tried to follow the instructions. When I created index.fv in
> project\src\documentation\content\xdocs directory, the Internal Server
> Error with cause: org.apache.xpath.objects.XString happened.
>
> My guess
> 1. - classpath problem (could be with the jxpath1.2.jar? xalan2.7.0 is
> in forrest/lib/endorsed and contains the specified class)
> 2. - I put index.fv in wrong place, or should I mention it somewhere?
> 3. - some other reason :)

No, the problem is that the howto assumes the old design of views, if
you used views before todays HEAD means that the howto is not working
anymore. I did a roll back of views today.

In the HEAD prior of today I changed the presentation model. All
contracts have to request it and cannot take it for granted.

If you update to svn again make sure you delete common-jxpath-1.2.jar!

> >You need to write a scale.fv. That is a structure file that you can use
> to hook up the css of scale.
>

> If it's for my project, where it should be? If it's global - for all
> projects, where it should be?

We have a fallback mechanism:
 /**
     * @param resolver
     * @param uri
     *            *viewSelector* project-xdocs will return which view is
     *            responsible for the requested path. If no view
     *            (choice|fallback) could be found the template will return the
     *            viewFallback (resources/views/default.fv).
     *
     * ex.: 1.request: index First choice: index.fv First/last fallback:
     * default.fv
     *
     * 2.request: sample/index First choice: sample/index.fv First fallback:
     * sample/default.fv Last fallback: default.fv
     *
     * 3.request: sample/subdir/index First choice: sample/subdir/index.fv First
     * fallback: sample/subdir/default.fv Second fallback: sample/default.fv
     * Last fallback: default.fv
     *
     * ...
     *
     * des.: The parent view (root-view) inherits to its children until a child
     * is overriding this view. This override can be used for directories
     * (default.fv) and/or files (*.fv). That means that the root view is the
     * default view as long no other view can be found in the requested child.
     * @throws IOException
     * @throws MalformedURLException
     *
     */

The fallback file is defined by:
project.theme-extension=.fv
project.theme=default

If you want to rename the name of the fallback file:
project.theme=defaultOtherName

> As I understood - index.fv is only for index.html.

See above, yes you are right.

> what about the other
> files? how they will be processed?
> I'm sorry, but it's not clear to me.

placing the default.fv (or the name you specified in
project.theme-extension=.fv
project.theme=default)

in the xdocs dir will use this fallback. You can override subdirs by
placing default.fv in there.

HTH
--
thorsten