forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: leather-dev skins and view/viewHelper plugins
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:31:34 GMT
El jue, 29-09-2005 a las 15:30 +0200, Miroslav Mocek escribió:
> I've downloaded 0.8-dev from svn, followed views installation
> instructions
>, then
> replaced lib/core/commons-jxpath-20030909.jar with
> commons-jxpath-1.2.jar, and it works!

Actually you have not run into the linkrewritter problem. ;-)

> However, the resulting style is totally different from
> argh. ;)

Yeah, the design of this screenshot is based on scale-dev. This style
was submitted from some user and we started developing views with it.
Since I needed to get views running as a proof of concept I was not able
to tweak the scale-dev css in the same time as I enhanced the underlying
implementation. Sadly the user did not deliver any enhancement
either. :(

...but it is really easy to activate it again.

> my file is now configured this way:
> project.theme-extension=.fv
> project.theme=leather-dev
> project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml,org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view

There is no leather-dev.fv in the default plugins. That means if you not
added it to your project you will see the default.fv.

I strongly recommend following as well: and add to the required plugins.

> How can I get the style from the picture?

You need to write a scale.fv. That is a structure file that you can use
to hook up the css of scale.

The basic css can be found:

The basic view:

Actually the above default.scale-dev.fv is way outdated and it is not
working anymore, but it shows you the basic forrest:hooks you will need.

Please read for a kick

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

View raw message