forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: coding dynamicall in xdocs/ and to delimit output in meta-data?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:21:44 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:
> I know how to code for forrest for this link in the xsl files:

> but how do you code for this sort of link in an xdocs/*.xml file?
> can I put dynamic code there?

In what way is it dynamic? Isn't the authors tag sufficient?

http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.dtdx.html#authors

> Also, how, for  src/xdocs/index.xml file can you code the xsl for it to
> count the entries in the /meta-data/foo.xml, set a max integer (value)
> for to generate on the xdocs/index.html page when you run forrest to
> only show x number of entries for category foo if exists and not show
> the rest?
>
> I mean, say I have type foo and type bar in my meta-data/foo.xml file.
> Say I have 10 items of type foo and 10 items of type bar, but I only
> want the generated home page (html) to display 4 per type?
> is it like <xsl:for-each select="articles/article[ type= foo][
> *position() &lt; ($entries+1)* ]">?
>

> ->this is where I don't have a clue

Do you mean you want to know how to pass the value of $entries into the XSL?

If so take a look at our sitemaps, there are lots of examples. Search
for "<map:paramter"

You could also pass it in using a configuraiton file. You can also see
examples of this in our skins, search for "$config".

Ross