forrest-user mailing list archives

From Helena Edelson <hel...@greenjaguar.com>
Subject coding dynamicall in xdocs/ and to delimit output in meta-data?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:53:35 GMT
Hi,

I know how to code for forrest for this link in the xsl files:

but how do you code for this sort of link in an xdocs/*.xml file?
can I put dynamic code there?

Also, how, for  src/xdocs/index.xml file can you code the xsl for it to
count the entries in the /meta-data/foo.xml, set a max integer (value)
for to generate on the xdocs/index.html page when you run forrest to
only show x number of entries for category foo if exists and not show
the rest?

I mean, say I have type foo and type bar in my meta-data/foo.xml file.
Say I have 10 items of type foo and 10 items of type bar, but I only
want the generated home page (html) to display 4 per type?
is it like <xsl:for-each select="articles/article[ type= foo][
*position() &lt; ($entries+1)* ]">?

->this is where I don't have a clue

thanks
holly