forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject target="_blank" and other <a> tricks (Re: New Forrest site to add to list!)
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:39:12 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:
> Hi
> Just tested this:
> http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.html#link-class
>
> doesn't accept target param in formats:
>
> <a class="fork" href="../index.html"> <../index.html>
> <a class="jump" href="../index.html"> <../index.html>
>
> for Document V2.0.
> This is key for branding one site and offering a link to another while
> not directing user off the original site.

I don't understand your problem. I thought you originally you said you
want to create an <a> link with target="_blank" in your output.

The above page describes exactly how to do that. If you look at the
generated source for this page you will see that <a class="fork"
href="../index.html"> in the input XDoc gets translated to <a
target="_blank" class="fork" href="../index.html"> in the output HTML.

Isn't this what you want? If not please explain exactly what your
problem is because I must have misunderstood your problem.

Ross