forrest-user mailing list archives

From Lake McManus <lake...@gmail.com>
Subject Forrest as a Module
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:47:36 GMT
In my opinion, Forrest would be much more useful as a module.  Despite what the Forrest website
says, I can’t understand how Forrest can be used for dynamic pages.  Making it a module
would allow this.  That would make a lot more sense than having to run Forrest every time
you update the site, especially if you’re not running Forrest on the server.  At first I
thought Forrest would be something like that, but it took me a while to realize, to my dismay,
that it wasn’t.  Having Forrest as a module would also increase functionality with server-site
scripting like PHP.  That way, PHP could produce Forrest-compatible code, and then Forrest
would process it.  Is there any effort being made toward this?  And is there a reason that
it wasn’t developed like a module or CGI in the first place?  Excuse me if something of
this topic has been posted before.

--

Lake McManus~马雷~レイク・ミクマーナス~ْلَيكْ مِكْمَنُس~लेक्
मिक्मानस

E-Mail: LakeHMM@gmail.com

"Impermanent are all created things; strive on with awareness."