forrest-user mailing list archives

From Anil Ramnanan <l...@peppersauce.org>
Subject Re: errors building tools eclipse plugin
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:38:48 GMT
Kevin wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm getting errors building tools/eclipse/plugins
>
>I've installed eclipse 3.1 (the all in one package)
>wtp-all-in-one-0.7-linux-gtk.tar.gz

I have not tried that all in one package. I will download it and see if
I can duplicate your errors.

>Question - Is there a way to just do an equivalent svn update from
>eclipse? I had to do a checkout as project again and delete the original
>to check I had the latest files.

Within Eclipse, right click on the project, click on Team->Update. Do
that for each of the projects that you have checked out.

>Question - I do svn update in my forrest install area so can I import
>the relevant files into eclipse from there without using subclipse?

Yes, go to File->Import, select "Existing Projects into Workspace" and
click on next.
Now, choose select root directory as FORREST_HOME/tools/eclipse and
under projects you will see a list of the plugins. Check off the ones
you want to import and click on finish.

>I'm doing something very wrong here can anyone help?
>
>I get lots of errors building the servletEngine too so I must have
>a major config problem.
>
>Thanks
>
>Kevin

I suggest that you try importing the the plugins without using subclipse
and see if that works. I'll try to see if I can duplicate the errors here.

Anil.