forrest-user mailing list archives

From Alessandro Evangelista <evangeli...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Forrest (svn head) war is crashing Tomcat upon restart
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:35:22 GMT

>> I'm having some problems with the present svn head (two days old): the
>> war it creates installes fine in Tomcat when deployed through Tomcat's
>> HTML Manager, and as long as Tomcat user-help@forrest.apache.org wrote:is running
without interruption,
>> there's no problem. But when restarted, Tomcat crashes severely. This
>> happens only when the Forrest war is installed, without the Forrest
>> war, there is no problem.
>>
>> Config:
>> - (almost) latest Forrest svn
>
>How almost?
>
>> - Tomcat 5.5.9
>> - Java 1.5_02
>> - Win2k server
>> - the forrest.properties and skinconf.xml files are based on a forrest
>> seed several months ago

Hi

I am having a similar problem with

- Win2k server
- Java 1.4.2_07
- Tomcat 5.5.9

I generated "forrest webapp" and configured a new tomcat an <Context> for Forrest.

I get an Exception similar to the first post. A series of ClassNotFoundException exceptions.

I managed to sort of fix the problem copying

 logkit-1.2.2.jar and commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

 tomcat\common\lib

Now, I get the following error

--
Message: null

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI

index.html

cause

C:\usr\sbin\apache-forrest-0.7\site-author\build\webapp\project\.\skinconf.xml (The system
cannot find the file specified)

request-uri

/Forrest/index.html

--

There is no much information in the log files.

Tried to copy skinconf where requested and I get a "java.lang.NullPointerException" as a Tomcat
server error cause.

And many other failed attempts.

Please help!!!