forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: intranet environment
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:55:16 GMT
Hugo Osorio wrote:
> Hello.
>
> somebody please can give me an orientation
>
> is it proper using Forrest with Slide Jakarta? am i well oriented at the
> idea of having both of them for an intranet environment, i have forrest
> installed on a FreeBSD platform, working with tomcat, i have understood
> that i need Jakarta in order to people can put an remove data on/from
> the "server" Forrest via Slide which support WebDAV protocol...

In order to have Forrest retrieve its content from a slide repository
(or any repository other than the local filesystem) you will need to use
  the 0.8-dev version of Forrest. this includes a new facility called
the locationmap (http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/locationmap.html )

This code works and has been tested with a slide repository, but is not
yet in a released verion of Forrest so you'll need to work with SVN or
one of our nightly snapshots.

Ross