forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest and Cocoon Integration
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:47:50 GMT
Bruce Perryman wrote:
> I have an application designed with Cocoon from which
> I want to enable the creation of other web content
> (text,
> images,  etc.)
>
> 1)If I have a web application designed using apache
> cocoon can I easily render the content managed by
> Forrest?

I'm confused by your question. Do you mean you want to render the
content managed by your application using Forrest? If so, then yes, this
is easy to do. All you need to do is create an input plugin to support
your data format, since you are a Cocoon app already this means you have
your data as XML streams already so all you need to do in this plugin is
create the XSL to covert into our internal format for publication.

See the plugin docs.

> 2)Can Cocoon and Forrest be integrated easily?

Forrest is a Cocoon application, so integration couldn't be easier ;-)

> 3)Is there a Java API which will facilitate the
> creation, revision, and access to content within
> Forrest?

Forrest is not a content management system it is a content publication
system. For content creation, revision etc. you need a CMS system such
as Apache Lenya or Daisy (both Cocoon apps).

Forrest integrates well with Daisy since we have a plugin that allows
content to be pulled from Daisy.

We are currently exploring a simialr Lenya plugin.

Ross