forrest-user mailing list archives

From Addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: what is the best client 4 forrest (best in spanish)
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 16:24:36 GMT
Hugo Osorio wrote:

> Hello people, please can you guide me to get the best and easy to use
> client/editor for construct pages for Forrest?
>
> I need to give editors to people who only know spanish, is there any
> one over there... which normal people would love just as Windows XP,
> by the way everyone uses Micro$oft 98, 2000 and XP?
>

> thank you

Hi Hugo,

Well, you can create Forrest pages using any text editor you like.
Don't forget that you can use plugins to use other formats for document
creation.  That is you can install the OpenOffice plugin and then write
docuemnts in OO and the plugin will take care of the transformation.  I
have also used WordPerfect's "publish as XML" with the Forrest sdocbook
plugin and I'm sure that MS Word or any other word processor that can
convert to a docbook format would work as well for that purpose.

As for XML editors, I personally have only used jEdit (free) with XML
plugins and Oxygen (low cost) editors.  They are both Java-based and so
are platform independent.  I don't believe either can be localized to
Spanish but I believe you can install a Spanish spell-checker for them.
I did a quick look around and I did find an editor called Epic Editor
from Arbortext that is localized to Spanish but I don't know anything
about the editor and it is quite expensive.  We do have Spanish-speaking
users and dev so I am sure someone can provide better info for you.

- Addi