forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: convert forrest site to latex or docbook?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:19:37 GMT
vadim wrote:
> Hallo everybody,
>
> Forrest creates really amazing web sites. I however (it is really my own
> wrong personal opinion) do not like generated PDF files. Thus, have you
> ever heared about possibility to convert forrest site into latex or
> similar format, so that one could generate postscript or pdf file using
> a tool which is known to do it good?
>
> Thanx a lot and best regards, vadim tarassov.

One of Forrests big strengths is that it is easy to write output plugins
to provide different output formats, such as docbook and latex.

First let me ask, is there any fo2docbook or fo2latex stylesheets
available under a suitable license?

If so then it would be really easy to create the output plugin you need.

If not then you would need to write stylesheets to convert from xdoc
(our internal format, it's really a subset of XHTML2) into your required
format.

To get you started see
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html

Please join us on the dev list if you want to tackle this, you will find
us very helpful :-))

Ross