forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with new templates
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:29:32 GMT
Gav.... wrote:

> Well, it really did seem like a very stupid question to me and it
> was me that asked it, however does it highlight a documentation
> problem somewhere? I have yet to come accross in my forrest
> travels any docs to suggest anything other than intranet use only.
> (Other docs suggest needed things on a web server, making it
> seemingly even less likely ISP space would be suitable)
> With a little more discovery I'm sure I would have found the static
> files required but....

The last line of our description (first paragraph of the home page) says:

"Forrest can generate static documents, or be used as a dynamic server,
or be deployed by its automated facility."

Now this does not actually say that these static files can be deployed
to any server, but we kind of assumed that would be understood by most
users. This illustrates why we encourage "newbie" questions - it shows
where our assumptions are flawed.

We would welcome a new doc that explains the deployment options for a
forrest site, don't worry about it being perfect, just what you
understand from these threads. We'll insert it at an appropriate place
in our site.

Thanks,
Ross