forrest-user mailing list archives

From CFAS Webmaster <webmas...@cfas.org>
Subject Re: Help with new templates
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:28:32 GMT
Gav.... wrote:

>I was going to ask the question as I don't see it documented anywhere, how
>does
>anyone publish a forrest site to the web so it is available to all.

The way *I* do it is to run forrest from the root of the seeded tree, in
my case in these emails it's .../cfas-new/, where you'll likely find the
src/ directory.

>I have an apache web server running so it is not a problem, just wondered if
>this project was meant for intranet use only or if porting to an ISP web
>space
>was possible or a future goal.

That's good.  What you'd want to do for a static site is give Apache
access to the build/site directory under the seeded tree, eg.
.../cfas-new/build/site/  There's probably an index.html file there that
Apache will be happy to serve.

Another method is to copy the .../build/site/* tree into the web root of
a server.

-Paul