forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: Question about embedding external data in multiple pages
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 06:41:39 GMT
Ross, haven't had the time to check, but will xinclude
work with the Excel-plugin, too? i.e.
* Including tables from Excel in other source documents?
* Can I use a pipelin in href?

Thanks,
Johannes

Ross Gardler schrieb:
> Paterline, David L. wrote:
>
>> Hi -
>>
>> I'm interested in having a table of information appear in two separate
>> pages
>> (rather than having links to the information in both pages), and I'd
>> like to
>> only have to maintain the information in one place. Is there a way to
>> have
>> the contents of an external file "compiled" into two or more xdoc files?
>

> Use xi:include. For example:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <document
>   xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
>   <header>
>     <title>Hello</title>
>   </header>
>     <xi:include href="include.xml"/>
> </document>
>
> Note you can use the full xinclude specification so you can use XPointer
> to include segments of the src file.
>
> Ross

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de