forrest-user mailing list archives

From CFAS Webmaster <webmas...@cfas.org>
Subject Re: Help with new templates
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:49:36 GMT
Diwaker,

  It does to some degree.  I had found the foo.xml/foo.fv, default.fv
mapping and that helps immensely.  I think the part that I'm not
understanding is the other <forrest:hook> bit.

Should that content be in another file and included somehow?  I see, but
do not understand, how the leftbar is pieced together because forrest
generates it, specifically with the nav-section contract.  I just tried
hacking the sitemap-contact.ft contract, calling it extra-info.ft and
placing this into index.fv:

                <forrest:hook name="content">
                    <forrest:contract name="content-title"/>
                    <forrest:contract name="content-abstract"/>
                    <forrest:contract name="content-minitoc"/>
                    <forrest:contract name="content-main"/>
                </forrest:hook>
                <forrest:hook name="rightbar">
                    <forrest:contract name="extra-info"/>
                </forrest:hook>

The content bit comes from your default.fv and I've added the extra-info
piece.  The extra-info contract is a bit large and I don't know how much
stuff is normally posted to the list as far as code goes.  The core part
of the template goes like this:

        <xsl:stylesheet version="1.1"
            <xsl:template name="extra-info-body">
              <xsl:if test="extra.xml">
                <xsl:for-each select="extra.xml">
        <xsl:comment>+
            |start extra-info
            +</xsl:comment>
                          <xsl:copy-of
select="div[@id='content']/div[@id='content-main']/*"/>
<xsl:comment>+
    |end content-main
    +</xsl:comment>

                </xsl:for-each>
              </xsl:if>
            </xsl:template>
        </xsl:stylesheet>

Where extra.xml is where I've stuffed the information for the third
column.  Does this look like a valid approach where I just have some
syntax wrong, or have I completely missed what's supposed to be going on
here?

Thanks!
-Paul