forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to questions
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:11:01 GMT
It is better to ask separate questions in separate
email topics. That helps our mailing list turn
into a knowledge library that people can search
and find previous answers.

Qin Ding wrote:
> 1. The initial navigation menu on the left side has a img
> "build-with-forrest-button".  In the samples tab, there is no such img. Is
> there a way that I can put the project logo to replace that img, not just
> in the initial home tab menu but all tab menus?  How do I make that
> happen?

There is a bug listed in the issue tracker about that.
The W3C compliance logos are in the same category.
These are only shown on pages that are called "index.html".

> 2. How can disable the trail on the very top of each page?  I commented
> out the trail element in skinconf.xml, or leave both name and href
> attributes empty, I still get ">" character shown in the trail area.

However, if you switch this off completely, as shown in
skinconf.xml then the whole trail part will not be used.
location="none" ... works for some skins.

That extra ">" is a bug. See main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
and search "breadcrumb".

> 3. How do I make motd work?  I uncommented that section, there is no
> effect.

Did you also set a "pattern" attribute to match
certain pages. Yes we know that the example needs
to be improved. Someone suggested that on the dev
list yesterday.

> 4. How do I config skin(s) to make the site display three columns with
> left a navagation menu, middle and right dispaly contents and news and
> events?

The new "views" functionality being prepared in the
trunk "0.8-dev" would enable that. Otherwise you would
need to modify one of the existing skins, which would
propbably be a lot of work.

> Thanks.
> .
> Qin

Please do not use automated footers when sending to
and opensource mailing list. It is definitely not private.
Who is the "intended recipient"?

-David