forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: resume plugin with dtdx plugin
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:16:15 GMT
Kevin wrote:

> I like the resume plugin and it's collation of skillsets from
> a team. Is there a simple way of presenting one resume without
> using the team directory structure?
>
> Resume xml validate in forrest build process fine using catalogs
> to find the dtd. I used the dtdx plugin to try and expand the
> resume dtd so I could see the structure. It failed so I ended up
> copying the resume dtd to forrest core because of:
>
>   <map:generate type="nekodtd"
> src="{forrest:context}/resources/schema/dtd/{2}.dtd">

The dtdx plugin was started by extracting our
existing facility out of the core. It was only
intended to display our own document-v* DTDs.

It could be made more generic so that it can apply to
any source.

> Could the dtdx plugin use catalogs as in the validation process?

Yes it certainly can. Any plugin can provide its own
catalog and sets of resources. Only a couple of plugins
have been configured so far.

Also a project can provide its own catalog.

Back to the dtdx plugin. That sounds like a great idea
to use the catalog entity resolver to find the source.

This is a topic for the dev list, so continued there.

> It was a hack copying the resume dtd. I could add another src
> line to the dtdx plugin input.xmap but hardcoding alternate
> paths for non core dtds may not be the best way. Any ideas?

Add to input.xmap to look in the project's resources directory
and also look in the various plugin resources directories.
There are examples in the other sitemaps main/webapp/*
of looking for resources in various places. Patch please.

That would be another workaround though. The generator
should be able to use the catalog entity resolver.

-David