forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: simplified docbook plugin
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 05:42:26 GMT
Phillip Evans wrote:

> Thanks for your time on this. I have done as you outlined. After running
> forrest site in testSDocbook directory I again got the message in the
> console:
>
> BROKEN: C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\apache-forrest-0.7\plugins\plugins.xml
> <The system cannot find the file specified>
>
> However all the plugins appeared to be retrieved and configured as you
> describe.
>
> I checked the distribution zip file for forrest and found that
> \apache-forrest-0.7\plugins\plugins.xml was present, so copied it to where
> it should have been in my installation. I re-ran forrest site without
> problems.

Youch. It might be better if you re-installed the forrest
distribution. Perhaps you have other things missing too.

> I then ran forrest run in:
> FORREST_HOME/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.simplifiedDocbook
> without problems, and could view sdocbook.html and .pdf

Good.

> I then tried adding one of my own sdocbook documents, and again had the
> problem of no content. I checked out input.xmap, and found that it had a
> sourcetype of sdocbook-v1.0, whereas my documents are all sdocbook-v1.1
>
> I assigned sdocbook-v1.0 to a couple of my documents, and they worked fine.

As expected.

Before we go on, you should not be building a website inside
the FORREST_HOME/build/plugins/ area. That was just Ross asking
you to do a test to see if everything was working.

Create a new directory somewhere outside the
forrest distribution. cd to it and run 'forrest seed'
then add to forrest.properties to declare that you
want to use the simplifiedDocbook plugin.

> I suppose it is possible to modify input.xmap so that will accept
> sdocbook-v1.1 as well?
>
> Where should that be done?

You could alter the input.xmap in the
FORREST_HOME/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.simplifiedDocbook
Search for the term "sdocbook-v1.0" (it occurs twice) and
add similar handling for "sdocbook-v1.1".

However, there is more to it than that. You also need
to provide the DTDs for sdocbook-v1.1

There is more information about this process at
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type_2
except that you are doing your changes in the plugin
rather than in the core.

You might also need to provide a different
sdocbook2document.xsl stylesheet because i presume
sdocbook 1.1 is different to sdocbook 1.0

David