forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Phillip Evans" <pev...@wukwuk.com>
Subject RE: Forrest run works but forrest doesn't
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 08:41:36 GMT

>What do you mean by "edit styles"?

Two things really. There are some aspects of the sdocbook conversion that
don't seem to be handled well by sdocbook2document.xsl, but you are right, I
don't know enough to make any beneficial changes there. I really need a
docbook2document.xsl in the longer term. I understand that there used to be
one, but I can't seem to find it in the current release. By the way, forrest
did not handle the sdocbook conversion until I moved
'sdocbook2document.xsl' to:

\site\src\documentation\resources\stylesheets\sdocbook2document.xsl

It would skin blank pages until I moved that file.
Is this due to a configuration error on my part?
The other aspect is editing the css, and that is made interesting through
the Firefox plugin as described in the howto's.

>I suggest waiting until you understand a bit more before trying to write
documentation for others.

Yes, you are right, but sometimes a bit of naivety can uncover some of the
assumptions that us mere footsloggers get stuck on. After several days of
struggle since starting from scratch, with very little to show for it, I was
very close to giving the exercise up as being beyond my grasp. But now, I'm
very happy with a usable result that I can fine-tune.

Anyway, thank you for your assistance

Phil