forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest internal format==XHTML in 0.8?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:19:56 GMT

Christian Roth wrote:
> Is Forrest still using "documentvXX" as its internal format

yes

> or have you
> already been making the switch to XHTML(2) in 0.8?

We are right now preparing the switch. Might make sense to subcribe to
the dev list to follow the discussion on it.

> I'm asking because I'd like to only jump in when this transition has
> been made, so that any input and output/skinning plugins I'll need to
> probably write (we have several proprietary source DTDs and very
> specific output requirements) would not have to be changed from the
> ground up in a few weeks.

Afaik we will continue to support documentvxx so your work would
probably not be wasted.

Also: we already support xhtml as part of the html-processing. Check
out the e,bedded html-sample (bad naming) in the seed site to see that.

--
Ferdinand Soethe