forrest-user mailing list archives

From Kevin <forr...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>
Subject errors building tools eclipse plugin
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:02:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm getting errors building tools/eclipse/plugins

I've installed eclipse 3.1 (the all in one package)
wtp-all-in-one-0.7-linux-gtk.tar.gz

When I start eclipse I get
Javahl interface not available

I added subclipse

expand the tree to tools/eclipse/plugins

right click on org.apache.forrest, select Check out as project

right click on org.apache.forrest.eclipse.servletEngine Check out as
project

expand the tree to tools/eclipse/features

right click on org.apache.forrest.eclipse.feature, select Check out as
project

** The readme.txt says to checkout the servletEngine again ?? **

Question - Is there a way to just do an equivalent svn update from
eclipse? I had to do a checkout as project again and delete the original
to check I had the latest files.

Question - I do svn update in my forrest install area so can I import
the relevant files into eclipse from there without using subclipse?

Anyway I get over 1000 errors building the forrestplugin project from
xml errors like:

Severity	Description	Resource	In Folder	Location	Creation Time

Attribute 'id' of element 'plugin' must be defined.	plugin.xml
forrestplugin	line 19	24 August 2005 20:24:13
Attribute 'name' of element 'plugin' must be defined.	plugin.xml
forrestplugin	line 19	24 August 2005 20:24:13
Attribute 'version' of element 'plugin' must be defined.	plugin.xml
forrestplugin	line 19	24 August 2005 20:24:13

To java import errors:

The import org.eclipse cannot be resolved	Application.java
forrestplugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse	line 3	24 August 2005
20:51:27

The import org.eclipse cannot be resolved	Application.java
forrestplugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse	line 4	24 August 2005
20:51:27

The import org.eclipse cannot be resolved	Application.java
forrestplugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse	line 5	24 August 2005
20:51:27

a couple more:

PlatformUI cannot be resolved	Application.java
forrestplugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse	line 16	24 August 2005
20:51:27

PlatformUI cannot be resolved	Application.java
forrestplugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse	line 18	24 August 2005
20:51:27

I'm doing something very wrong here can anyone help?

I get lots of errors building the servletEngine too so I must have
a major config problem.

Thanks

Kevin