forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Reply-to $this.list, please
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:53:52 GMT
On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 14:15 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> I'm not sure who you are talking to. Me? Looks to me like I set reply
> to properly. No?
>

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Please set "Reply to" to this list in the future (or unset it).
>
> --

That was more a general wish to all active poster on the lists. ;-)

I receive your mails with following header (I replaced @):

                              From:
Ferdinand Soethe
<ferdinand.AT.apache.org>
                                To:
user.AT.forrest.apache.org
Re: [Fwd: Re: How to use a different
transformer]
                              Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:15:20 +0200

That is normally due to a configuration option of the mail client. The
option "Reply-To" can be set to a value. If this option is blank, then
*normally* the list address is been used.

Ferdinand just told me that his client overrides the blank reply-to with
the default email-account address. :(

...but he found out how to change that behavior to use as default the
list. :)

I normally only press reply on my apache account, because I hate to get
the same mail twice (I reckon, I am not alone on already receiving too
much mails). ;-)

Thank you, Ferdinand. :)

Please, all active posters set the reply-to header to this list and help
me out. ;-)

TIA

salu2
--