forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: Help with new templates
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:02:43 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Diwaker Gupta" <diwaker@apache.org>

There are many ways to do this (as David has outlined in detail in his
email).
I personally use Forrestbot to publish my website. Most ISPs provide FTP
access (very few give shell access), which is why we recently added the
deploy.ftp target to Forrestbot -- do give it a whirl!

I will, thanks.

> I have an apache web server running so it is not a problem, just wondered
> if this project was meant for intranet use only or if porting to an ISP
> web
> space
> was possible or a future goal.

You can most certainly use it on an ISP web space!

Well, it really did seem like a very stupid question to me and it
was me that asked it, however does it highlight a documentation
problem somewhere? I have yet to come accross in my forrest
travels any docs to suggest anything other than intranet use only.
(Other docs suggest needed things on a web server, making it
seemingly even less likely ISP space would be suitable)
With a little more discovery I'm sure I would have found the static
files required but....

Thanks

Gav...