Hi,
Thanks for the response.

My image PNG is dynamically generated from .aart source file (asci-art-file).

When the source file is in the same directory as the file, which it is included, the result is OK for HTML.
<figure src="platfrno01.png" width="1000" height="1000"/>

When the source file is not in the same directory as the file, which it is included, the result is NOK for HTML.
<figure src="../images/platfrno00.png" width="1000" height="1000"/>

The case when the image is directly in png format (no .aart source) is OK for HTML
<figure src="../images/icon.png" />

From http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/faq.html#pdf_images I read

Unpack the Jimi distribution and copy JimiProClasses.zip to $FORREST/lib/optional/jimi-1.0.jar.

so I did

copy JimiProClasses.zip $FORREST/lib/optional/jimi-1.0.jar.

When the image is static it is displayed in the on the fly PDF file. Big progress.

So the issue is the asci-art-file dynamic generation.
- possibility to choose the directory
- possibility to choose the background so that it remain white in PDF.
- possibility to choose the color of the character
- possibility to be in PDF file.

When I translate from PNG to GIF format, the loss of transparence was indicated as a warning. May this parameter influence the background?

Cheers
Paul

----- Forwarded by Paul DIVINE/FR/ALCATEL on 22/07/2005 10:25 -----
Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schaefer@uidesign.de>