forrest-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows help format (*.chm) as output
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:19:30 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>>I used [1], but I had some problems when installing it... was it that I
>>had two versions and did not know what to use?... anyway, it works, and
>>conversion is quite easy.
>
> Hi Nicola,
>
> is that code publicly available?

I cannot find it anymore, but in any case it should be very easy to do
it again. If you look at the specifications, you will find that the xml
format that it needs as an index can created from our site.xml with a
simple xsl.

Also, it's equally easy to create a JavaHelp output, with the same
"easiness" considerations... only that it's also cross-platform.

> I think it would be quite a boon for us to offer a windows html-help
> plugin as output as it is a reuirement for well integrated software
> documentation on Windows.

I agree.

> Perhaps Johannes and I could work on making a finished plugin
> together?

:-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -