forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Glen Tulin" <g...@iteclectic.com>
Subject Re: accessing external config files in the custom sitemap
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:20:16 GMT

> Glen Tulin wrote:
> > I need to access external config files within my custom sitemap.xmap --
> > either forrest.properties or skinconf.xml.
> >
> >   <map:pipeline>
> >    <map:match pattern="my_pattern.xml">
> >     <map:generate src="my.xml"/>
> >     <map:transform src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/my-to-doc.xsl">
> >         <map:parameter name="my_parameter_for_my_xsl" value="xxx"/>
> >     </map:transform>
> >     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> >    </map:match>
> >   </map:pipeline>
> >
> > What should I have instead of xxx in order to get parameter from either
> > forrest.properties or skinconf.xml?

> For values in forrest.properties use {forrest:PROPERTY_NAME} (see the
> *.xmap files in FORREST_HOME/main/webapp for examples.

> For skinconf.xml you would not pass the value from the sitemap like
> this. You would access the value from within your transformation. See
> the pelt skin XSLT's for examples.
Yes, I know how to use $config in the SKIN xslt's  -- like <xsl:value-of
select="$config/year"/>. Apparently the $config variable is defined when
Forrest is appyling a skin. But I am asking about my own xslt that gets
executed before Forrest default sitemap. I guess that at first Cocoon
processes my custom xmap ($config is not initialized yet) that transforms my
xml to document-v20 xdoc and then Cocoon process the Forrest xmap ($config
is initialized).

Thank you (and sorry for posting user's question to the dev list).

Glen