forrest-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows help format (*.chm) as output
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:29:17 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Has anybody experience in generating the Windows help
> format [1] as output of Forrest? As I understand [2],
> it's a binary format compiled from HTML sources.

I had done an experiment using forrest site files, some xsl, and the
compiler.

> Are there any special requirements to the HTML and if
> "yes", which?

AFAIK none. On Windows it's rendered with Internet Explorer.

> There seem to be tools around to do the compiling [3].

I used [1], but I had some problems when installing it... was it that I
had two versions and did not know what to use?... anyway, it works, and
conversion is quite easy.

> Cheers
> Johannes

> [2] http://www.speakeasy.org/~russotto/chm/chmformat.html