forrest-user mailing list archives

From Paul.Div...@alcatel.fr
Subject user@forrest.apache.org forrest 0.7 image in PDF not displayed even with jai_codec.jar and jai_core.jar in ...\apache-forrest-0.7\lib\optional
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:49:33 GMT
Hi,

- As indicated in the folowing text coming from the given adress
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai,
- I put jai_codec.jar and jai_core.jar in the lib directory.
but the PNG image don't display in PDF.
- then from  http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/ , there is no more
JimiProClasses.zip

What do I miss?

A second point, the PNG image printed with ie browser is OK, but from
mozilla or firefox the back ground is black.

is there a known solution?

Paul

Extract from http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/faq.html#pdf_images
2.8. Images don't display in PDFs. How do I fix this?

Forrest uses Apache FOP for rendering PDFs. FOP cannot handle all image
types natively, and requires third-party jars to be added. FOP natively
handles BMP, GIF, JPG, TIFF and EPS (with a few limitations). FOP can also
handle SVG (via Batik!and PNG (see below). For details, see FOP Graphics
formats
To get PNGs working in PDFs with Jimi:
1.        Download Jimi from http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/
2.        Unpack the Jimi distribution and copy JimiProClasses.zip to
$FORREST/lib/optional/jimi-1.0.jar.
Alternatively you can use JAI (Java Advanced Imaging API at
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai). For more info, see FOP
Graphics Packages
Note
Due to Sun's licensing, we cannot redistribute Jimi or JAI with Forrest.

----- Forwarded by Paul DIVINE/FR/ALCATEL on 21/07/2005 08:49 -----

Paul DIVINE
12/07/2005 11:16